Minimum spend: € 600 €
- Country: Slovenia
- Area: Lubijlana city centre
- Venue Category: 4-star hotel
- Venue Type: Modern hospitality
- Location: City centre with views of the Ljubljana castle
- Bedrooms capacity: 200
- Ceiling Height: 5,5 m
- Area: 166 sqm
- Daylight: Yes
- AV equipment: Basic included
- Catering: In house
- Meeting Rooms: Extra 2 meeting rooms available
- Parking: On-site limited, reservation required
- Public transport: Bus stop across the street
- Closest Airport: Lublijana Airport, 25 km, 20 min drive
- City centre: 0,5 km from Postojna town
- Train station: Main station 400 meters away
- Closest Attraction: Lublijana castle, 20 min walk
What is special
The City hotel still serves its famous local dish called " Strukelj" which was the original name of the hotel and its most popular dish in the 1900s.
Located in the heart of Ljubljana, one of the most relaxed capitals in the world, where castles and dragons rub shoulders with trendy coffee shops and lively nightlife. The hotel is easily accessible from all main roads entering the city. It is located right where the traffic-free area begins and is easily accessible by a car. The main bus and rail station is only 400 meters away and the Jože Pučnik airport is located 25 kilometres from the hotel.
At the site of today's City Hotel, there once stood the renowned restaurant "Pri Bitencu", where the greatest Slovenian poet France Prešeren was a regular customer. In 1899, the restaurant was torn down and replaced by the family-owned Hotel Štrukelj in 1903. The hotel itself soon became an important landmark of Ljubljana. During the political turbulence that followed WWII , hotel Štrukelj closed down in 1946 and the family was forced to leave the country. In 1949, the hotel opened again under its new name - Hotel Turist. The following years saw continued development as new floors and new rooms were added. In the 1980s, the Turist discotheque in the hotel basement became a synonym for the best party in town.
After Slovenia gained its independence, the hotel was returned to the Krajc family, which renamed it to City Hotel Ljubljana. The original building dating from 1905 was torn down and replaced with a new one, which opened its doors to the public in 2007. The hotel's main guests, Nikolaj, and Marjanca Krajc, once again gave it a soul and left their personal mark here.
Today, City Hotel Ljubljana is owned by Elephant group d.o.o. and is part of a successful tourism story together with its sister hotel, Best Western Premier Hotel Slon. Together, the hotels offer 370 rooms at an elite location in the centre of the city and are famous for their genuine hospitality and rich tradition.
About events here
Allow the hotel team to pamper your taste buds in a pleasant atmosphere of their restaurant, which can host up to 160 guests for daily lunches, dinners and special occasions. In summer, you can enjoy the ambience of their green terrace overlooking the Ljubljana castle.
The hotels' kitchen emphasises healthy food, using only high-quality local ingredients and healthy food preparation methods. This is one of the special points that event delegates comment and appreciate.
The biggest event called city hall can host up to 200 reception style. The ideal, recommended st up would be 140 theatre style. However, the room is flexible so by removing the partitions, the staff can create four smaller halls.
In addition to the conference centre on the ground floor, we can also organize meetings and social events in our new Above the City conference hall.
The large outside terrace creates a feeling of freedom and provides a unique view of the old city centre and Ljubljana castle. The conference hall also offers toilets and facilities for preparing food.
Events facilities available
- Panoramic view
- Separate entrance
- No columns
- HD Projector
Activities for your delegates
- City centre location- city tours on foot
- The culinary experience in the hotel's restaurant with traditional dishes
- Cocktail bar with unique drinks
- Free bikes are provided for exploring the city, while free high-speed WiFi access is available in all areas
- For photography Lovers: Each room in the hotel has a photographic wallpaper that gives the rooms a unique sense of Ljubljana and tells the story of a "City within the City". Snapshots of the city, captured in black-and-white, are the work of Ljubljana's renowned photographer Žiga Koritnik.
Other companies hosting events here
- Bayer d.o.o.
- Centre for European Perspective
One of THE meeting rooms (Above the City) has a private terrace and a direct view of Ljubljana Castle.